Serve this dish on top of a pork roast or duck. Or, use it as a main dish and serve alongside a fresh loaf of toasted bread.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium green cabbage, shredded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- salt, to taste
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 Asian pear, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
1. In a large pan on high heat, saute the cabbage, jalapeno, and onion in oil, stirring occasionally.
2. Sprinkle with the sugar and salt and stir well to cook cabbage until very wilted and starting to brown (about 15 to 20 minutes).
3. Lower the heat to medium and add in the Asian pear and cayenne. Stir to combine and cook for another five minutes. Add a little more salt or cayenne pepper if desired.